This research has developed a computer-based model – DTrack
– for track design which is a user-friendly, affordable tool
for track engineers to model track design, track modification and
the effects of additional or worn rollingstock on track.
D-Track models a variety of track conditions and train parameters,
- Behaviour of concrete, timber or steel sleepers
- The influence of rail pads
- The influence of the track bed
- Narrow, broad or standard gauge track
- Various wagon and bogie characteristics
- Discrete or continuous defects in the wheel and in the rail head.
RIA is now seeking partners to further develop the user interface
of D-Track and to commercialise the product.